Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
December is a great time to reflect on the year that was, preferably while peering out over the ocean with your toes in the sand…
Here at Wingman we had a bumper year. We’ve added several dozen new clients since January, and our monthly recurring revenue for December 2022 is 45% more than it was in January 2022.
Let’s take a look at some of our highlights of 2022:
– Opened our Paarl/Western Cape office and appointed our second Cape Town-based staff member in July. We want to create an autonomous squadron (i.e. team of accountants) in Paarl over the next year or two.
– Launched our own tax division by appointing Andries (a dedicated tax resource) in March.
– Went on our annual team getaway to Zebula in April.
– Registered as a CIMA training office and appointed our first two CIMA trainees in July.
– Appointed an outsourced HR provider to assist us with normal HR compliance (especially the requirements of running the CIMA program).
– Reopened a physical office in Bedfordview on 1 September 2022 (our 5thbirthday) after operating 100% virtually for three years. We’re already on the verge of outgrowing our office space with our planned staff intake for next year!
– Finally revamped our original website – the new one went live in September.
– At year-end we are at least one person short after having our first staff turnover in our 5 years of existence – we’ve already appointed a new wingman who is set to join us mid-January 2023. Our team is currently 12 strong – by the end of next year we would most likely have around 18 staff on board.
– We forged a new partnership with Syft for providing visual (and consolidated) management reports.
– Started generating our first income from our joint venture with Anchor Capital with regards to personal wealth & investment management.
– Another interesting source of revenue was preparing tax returns for a tax consultant client in the USA – we’re looking to build out this offering substantially during FY2023.
– We ended the year with our year-end function at Ground Zero in Lanseria (they happen to be one of our clients) where we went head-to-head in a Bush Chef challenge. Would highly recommend this experience!
We are fortunate to have a wonderful team here at Wingman Accounting that live and breathe our three values: We Bring it Every Day, We Have Each Other’s Backs and We Do the Right Thing.
As a business we are also deeply grateful for our incredible clients. Our client churn rate is absurdly low, which means we are mostly getting it right to build authentic relationships with our clients and that we are consistently deliver high quality work.
We wish you a relaxing Festive Season with your family, and we are excited to continue serving as your trusty Wingmen and Wingwomen in 2023!
From all of us here at Wingman Accounting